The Journal of Applied Bioanalysis invites scientists and scholars to submit a proposal for a special focused issue. The purpose of the special focused issue is to provide the bioanalysis community with a collection of articles on a specific topic.
The topic as well should not have been covered substantially by the Journal of Applied Bioanalysis as be a topic of high interest to the general bioanalysis community.
The journal’s audience is bioanalytical scientists active in:
- pharmaceutical sciences, clinical chemistry, therapeutic drug monitoring, (clinical) toxicology, forensic sciences, metabolomics, proteomics as well in sports doping and drugs of abuse analysis and other research areas where bioanalysis plays an important role.
Information to be provided in a proposal
The proposal for a special focused issue should contain the following minimum information:
- Max. 500-word rationale explaining the novelty, technical advancements, significance and adherence of the special focused issue to the scope of the Journal of Applied Bioanalysis.
- A brief stated outline of potential topics presented in the proposed theme.
- A resume of the proposed guest editor(s), Journal of Applied Bioanalysis prefers the selection of two guest editors based on technical and geographic background.
- List of potential peer-reviewers.
- Call-for-papers abstract (max. 500 words).
- Time-schedule including manuscript submission start and deadline.
- A proposed topic for an editorial article by each guest editor.
The selection of submitted proposals for a special focused issue is based on:
- Overall and general quality of the special focused issue proposal.
- The topic is within the scope of the journal.
- Provides proposed theme (topics) significant novelty.
- Securing high-quality peer-reviewers.
- Deliverance of the final product within the proposed time-frame.
Guest editor’s expected Role
- At the moment the proposal is accepted, the guest editor will circulate the by the Editor-in-Chief accepted call-for-papers.
- The guest editor will manage submissions to the special focused issue in Manuscript Manager® including following responsibilities; assigning peer-reviewers and giving editorial recommendations on submitted manuscripts after peer-review.
- The guest editor will secure two to three peer-reviewers per manuscript submission and gives a recommendation based on at least two peer-review results.
- The guest editor will coordinate the editorial process in consultation with the editor-in-chief.
- The guest editor has to meet and deliver the project as scheduled.
- The guest editor will conduct all journal related business with peer-reviewers, authors, and editorial staff members in an ethical and professional manner.
Download here the Special Focused Issue Proposal Information
Proposals are due on October 1, 2019 and will be competitively evaluated by the journal’s senior editorial team. Please send your proposal or further questions you may have to dr. Roland J.W. Meesters, Editor-in-Chief, email@example.com