Editorial Board Vacancy
The Journal of Applied Bioanalysis (JAB) is a peer-reviewed Open Access Journal in the field of Bioanalysis. JAB is a relatively young journal and is published for its second year. Each issue of the journal presents a diversified, though yet a coherent range of articles from various areas within the bioanalysis field. Due to the growing of the journal and reorganization of the editorial board, we have an exciting position for an Associate Editor at the editorial board.
We are looking for an enterprising scientist (Assistant/Associate Professor), senior researcher or postgraduate researcher active in academia, industry or CRO.
A potential candidate should have a Ph.D. degree, several years of hands-on experience in Bioanalysis and a broad interest and demonstrable expertise in the general Bioanalysis field is a must. The candidate should be willing to work in a multidisciplinary environment with other editorial board colleagues. The journal requires proficiency in the English language and proven experience in the general publication process of scientific articles is a pré. The position of Associate Editor is on a voluntary basis and is not eligible for any financial compensations.
He/she will develop and lead the journal in the Bioanalysis area, which is a challenging and rewarding duty.
* You are responsible for all aspects of developing an outstanding journal that include:
* Responsibility for the organization of manuscripts received from the editorial office and for the invitation of expert peer-reviewers (double-blind) and leading the reviewers to a recommendation on the manuscript.
* Based on the peer-review recommendations he/she communicates a short evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript to Authors and Editor-in-Chief.
* He/she communicates the recommendations of the peer-review process (rejection, revision, and acceptance) to authors and editor-in-chief regarding the final decision on the manuscript
* You will also be asked to contribute to the journal more broadly with its direction.
* Occasionally, you will be invited to write the editorial introduction or other paper (1-2 papers annually) to the issue. The ideal candidate has good communication skills and is willing to enhance the representation of her/his own expertise within the journal.
How to apply
To apply for this position, send a recent CV and a brief cover letter to the Editor-in-Chief, Prof.dr. Roland J.W. Meesters, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the position of Associate Editor, it is important that the candidate expresses why he/she would be suitable for the position and how she/he can contribute to the Editorial line and further development of JAB.