Editorial Board Vacancy
The Reviews in Separation Sciences Journal (RSS) is a peer-reviewed Open Access Journal in the field of Separation Sciences. For the launch of this peer-reviewed Open Access journal, we have multiple exciting positions for Editorial Board Members.
Are you an enterprising scholar/scientist (Assistant/Associate Professor), senior researcher or postgraduate researcher active in academia, industry or CRO? Then an editorial board position at the new journal could be something for you!
A potential candidate should have a Ph.D. degree, several years hands-on experience in Separation Sciences in the broadest meaning of the word and demonstrable expertise in the field is a must. The candidate should be willing to work in a multidisciplinary environment with other editorial board colleagues. The journal requires proficiency in the English language and proven experience in the general publication process of scientific articles is a pré. The editorial board position is on a voluntary basis and is not eligible to financial compensations.
He/she will develop and lead the journal which is a challenging and rewarding duty.
* You are responsible for all aspects of developing an outstanding journal that include:
* Responsibility for the organization of manuscripts received from the editorial office and for the invitation of expert peer-reviewers (double-blind) and leading the reviewers to a recommendation on the manuscript.
* Based on the peer-review recommendations he/she communicates a short evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript to Authors and Editor-in-Chief.
* He/she communicates the recommendations of the peer-review process (rejection, revision, and acceptance) to authors and editor-in-chief regarding the final decision on the manuscript
* You will also be asked to contribute to the journal more broadly with its direction.
* Occasionally, you will be invited to write the editorial introduction or other paper (1-2 papers annually) to the issue. The ideal candidate has good communication skills and is willing to enhance the representation of her/his own expertise within the journal.
How to apply
To apply for this position, send a recent CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the position of editorial board member, it is important that the candidate expresses why he/she would be suitable for the position and how she/he can contribute to the Editorial line and further development for the new journal.